Updated information for 2020 summer guest housing will be posted by 1/1/2020.
If you will be a student intern working in the greater Seattle area this summer, you qualify for our Intern Housing Program. Visit our Intern Housing page now.
The Guest Housing program provides on-campus accommodations for:
- Visiting undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff members
- Alumni, including individuals pursuing research and educational opportunities
You are eligible for Guest Housing if:
- You are a visiting student and are currently 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a visiting student or be sponsored by a UW department, association, UW faculty or staff member
Visiting students must present a government-issued ID as well as current college or university identification at check-in. Sponsorship is mandatory and must be submitted to and confirmed by the Conference Services Office prior to check-in.
All rooms, balconies and public spaces in the residence halls are smoke-free including outside areas or locations that are near the air supply of residential buildings.
- All rooms have Ethernet access
- All public areas of the residence halls and campus have free Wi-Fi, log in information is available at the Conference Desk
- All rooms are fully furnished and equipped
- UW residence halls are passively ventilated, not air conditioned
- Microwave ovens, laundry facilities, television lounges and other gathering areas are conveniently located in each residence hall.
All students living in campus residence halls and apartments have access to the following amenities:
For questions, please contact the Conference Services Office at 206-543-7636, email@example.com or by fax at 206-897-1620. Confirmed reservations are required in advance. Unconfirmed and walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
Reservations and payments
Completed reservation forms with prepayment of $100.00, must be submitted no later than seven calendar days prior to arrival. Payments must be made in U.S. dollars by Visa/MasterCard. Unpaid account balances or additional fees will be processed after checkout.
Reservations are processed on a space-available basis. A submitted reservation form does not guarantee housing. Only reservations with an emailed confirmation that has been issued by the Conference Services Office will be considered confirmed. Reservations are nontransferable. Available housing inventory is limited, and early applications are encouraged.
Changes, cancellations and refunds
Any guest-initiated change resulting in a refund will incur a $20.00 Refund Processing Fee. If, after check-in, a guest wishes to shorten their reservation by changing the departure date, minimum advance notice of one business day is required to receive the refund (less the Refund Processing Fee). Failure to provide such notice will result in the guest being charged one night’s housing. Guest reservation changes that convert a double-occupancy guest to a single-occupancy guest will result in the remaining guest being charged the single-occupancy rate, which must be paid at the same time. The guest’s nightly rate and balance due will be adjusted in response to a long-term event becoming a short-term event.
Cancellation requests received more than seven days before arrival will receive a full refund, less the Refund Processing Fee. Cancellation requests received fewer than seven days before arrival forfeit their entire reservation deposit. If the Conference Services Office receives no advance notice of cancellation and the guest does not show, no refund will be made and the guest will forfeit the entire deposit or prepayment.