Special Dietary Needs
UW Dining provides many options in our venues for customers who choose to eat a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-sensitive diet. More importantly, we strive to ensure that residents with any special dietary needs are able to dine safely in our facilities. If you have any challenges navigating our menu offerings, or are in need of additional support, please schedule a dining consultation with our UW Dining Wellness Specialist, Joyce Bumgarner, at email@example.com or 206-221-0516.
Please note that having a special dietary need does not waive the dining account requirement for residence hall residents.
Throughout the year, we partner with student groups and vendors to bring unique and educational dining experiences to the residential community. Look for:
- Special menus during Black History Month at Local Point and Center Table
- Cooking demonstrations at the Chef’s Table in Local Point
- Coffee-related special events and seminars at Husky Grind
- Don’t miss Taste!, an all-you-care-to-eat food fair
Share Your Dining Experience
We want your student dining experience to be exceptional, so we created ways for you to get involved and provide feedback.
- UW Dining leadership meets regularly with the Residential Community Student Association so we can listen and respond to student’s ideas.
- Secret Shoppers visit our dining locations and report back about their experience. Interested? Apply to be a Secret Shopper.
- The UW Dining Advisory Board are students that meet with UW Dining leadership. Students learn how large-scale dining works and provide feedback on their dining experiences. Interested? Apply to be on the board.