Service and operations updates
Fitness Center West operations and usage guidelines have been modified per current UW and state restrictions, to ensure a safe and healthy facility through enhanced cleaning and physical distancing protocols.
What to look for
- Posters and digital display screens have information on physical distancing, hygiene practices, and other safety information. Hygiene guidelines are also posted in each restroom.
- Floor markings and posters provide traffic flow patterns.
- HFS custodial staff clean public areas daily using EPA-registered disinfectants.
- High-touch areas in all buildings are disinfected twice daily.
- FCW staff clean equipment between each use with EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Appropriate cleaning protocols are in place to respond to a positive COVID-19 case.
- The entrance to FCW has hand sanitizer dispensers for resident and staff use.
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed at the reception desk.
- Staff wear face coverings at all times and will enforce face covering requirements for all users. Staff will wear gloves if required for their job.
Changes to classes and equipment
- Certain areas and equipment in FCW have been closed to create physical distancing. Please do not use equipment marked “out of order” or “not in use.”
- There are no group fitness classes at this time.
- Exercise equipment such as resistance bands, jump ropes and exercise balls, will be stored behind the desk so they can be disinfected between uses. You may request these items from a staff member.
- Yoga mats are not available for checkout.
Make an appointment
Appointments are strongly recommended to assist us in limiting the number of people in the space at one time. If you arrive for your appointment and the equipment you are hoping to use is unavailable, we will ask that you make an appointment for another time due to occupancy restrictions.
- Appointments are listed in one hour sessions. Each hour includes 15 minutes for staff to clean that area after use. Please end your workout after 45 minutes.
- You are welcome to arrive at any time during your appointment window.
- All appointments are limited to one reservation per day for each user. If there is no reservation after yours, you can continue to use the space. Please ask a staff member to extend your reservation.
- If you find that you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel your reservation by calling the FCW desk or by using the instructions below. If you do not show up for your reservation and you do not cancel, we may limit your ability to make reservations in the future.
How to make an appointment
- Go to the Perks & Recreation website
- Click “Log in” in the upper right corner and use the purple “UW NetID” button to login with your UW credentials.
- Click “Facility Reservation Appointments”
When you arrive
- Swipe your Husky Card with the photo facing away from you.
- Staff will ensure you are scheduled for an appointment or will schedule one for you.
Drop-ins are permitted if there is an open appointment for the equipment you would like to use. Check-in at the reception desk when you arrive and we will book the time for you. If there are no open appointments, we will ask you to come back later to allow for enough distance between users.
To cancel an appointment
Click “Log in” in the upper right corner and use the purple “UW NetID” button to login with your UW credentials.
Click your UW NetID in the upper right corner and select “Profile” from the drop-down menu
Choose “Court Bookings” and find the appointment you’d like to cancel
Take care of yourself and others
- Face coverings are required at all times, including while exercising.
- It is recommended that users wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer prior to entering FCW and when leaving FCW.
- All users must check-in at the desk. Observe traffic flow patterns and physical distancing requirements outlined by the floor markers.
- Return borrowed items (resistance bands, jump ropes, exercise balls, etc.) at the end of your workout so they can be disinfected for the next person.
- Wipe down the equipment when you have finished your workout.