Skip to main content

Retiree Husky Card

Check the Husky Card Office Coronavirus Response page for information specific to our operating hours, policies and procedures during the coronavirus outbreak. 

The UW Retiree Husky Card is the official identification card needed for UW retiree privileges, and replaces the Employee Husky Card.

The UW Benefits Office authorizes retiree cards as part of the retirement process. Approximately two weeks after your retirement effective date, you may obtain a new retiree photo ID card at one of several ID Centers. Bring your UW-issued EID number and U.S. state- or federally-issued photo identification with you (such as a driver's license or passport). One UW retiree card is available per household.

Surviving spouses and registered same-sex domestic partners of retirees may continue retiree privileges. Contact the UW Benefits Office to request authorization of a card in the survivor's name. After confirming that the record has been changed and a new ID number issued, the spouse or partner may get a new retiree card at an ID Center.

You may obtain replacement retiree Husky Cards at an ID Center location. It is recommended that you call or email with your UW employee ID number to confirm that our records list the applicant as a retiree before coming to campus. If it is not yet updated, contact the Benefits Office. The cost to replace a lost, stolen or damaged card is $25.

For a full list of the privileges and resources available to UW retirees, please refer to the UW Retired Faculty and Staff Privileges and Campus Resources website.