Housing & Food Services has implemented a revised checkout process for residents choosing to end their agreement with HFS early. This process is developed to maximize CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines and to make it as simple as possible to process checkouts in an organized and safe manner.
- Log in to MyHFS to “Confirm your spring quarter housing plans” and indicate that you plan to vacate.
- Sign up for a checkout date and time here. We ask that you please complete your checkout within a 3-hour period of the start of your time block. This is to ensure we don’t experience overcrowding of elevators, hallways, or lobby areas. We ask that only one person/family use an elevator at a time.
- Arrive to campus on your dedicated checkout date and time to pack your belongings, clean your room, pick up your mail and packages, and return your keys. We will not be providing volunteer assistance or oversight. If you have questions or concerns during your checkout, please contact your building Resident Director.
- Return your keys to the drop boxes located at the Lander Desk (West Campus residents), Willow Package Locker Room (North Campus residents), or Nordheim Desk (Nordheim Court residents).
- Update your mailing address in MyUW within 24 hours of your vacate. After you vacate, mail and packages will be forwarded for 180 days to the address you provide. Failure to do so will result in mail and packages being returned to sender.
Other important information:
- Carts and vacuums will not be provided by HFS. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough cleaning supplies or staffing to adequately disinfect between each use. Please plan to bring your own carts or allow extra time for multiple trips.
- HFS has worked with UW Transportation Services to ensure the following parking lots will be available for load/unload at no charge to residents: W8, W10, W29, W32, W33, N6, N9, N10, N11, N13, N14, N15
- Please clean your room. Since we are not supplying vacuums, there will be no cleaning charges applied for not vacuuming, but other cleaning charges and damage charges will still apply.
- After your keys are returned, an HFS staff member will inspect the room and complete your room condition report. HFS will send deposit settlements as we move through this process.
- Please adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines.
HFS partners with Dorm Room Movers (DRM) to supply break period storage for UW students. DRM staff can assist you with pick-up and drop-off of your belongings. A limited number of boxes will be available for residents using DRM services. Please learn more about these options on their website. DRM service charges will apply.
Unable to return to campus?
If you are unable to return to campus before May 3 to retrieve your belongings, DRM will offer a service to assist you in packing, mailing, and/or storing. Please note that DRM service charges will apply. Fill out this form to request this service and a DRM representative will contact you as soon as possible. Please do not sign up for a checkout date and time. You will need to return your keys by mail to arrive by May 5 to avoid charges for a lock change. Keys should be sent to Lander Regional Desk, 1245 NE Campus Parkway, Seattle, WA 98105. Use sturdy packaging, and ensure that the package has a tracking number.