Housing & Food Services has implemented a revised checkout process for residents. If you are continuing to live with HFS for summer quarter, please see the information below.
This process is developed to maximize CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines and to make it as simple as possible to process checkouts in an organized and safe manner.
- Sign up for a checkout date and time with your Community Manager or Area Director. We ask that you please complete your checkout within the time block. We ask that only one person/family use an elevator at a time.
- Sign up for direct deposit to ensure a fast and easy refund. Refunds take four to six weeks after move-out. If you don't have a U.S. bank account, a refund check will be sent to your local address in MyUW.
- Pack your belongings, clean your room and common areas, pick up your mail and packages, and return your keys to the Lander Regional Desk or Nordheim Desk. If you are able, please return your keys during desk hours. If the desk is closed, you may put them in the drop box.
- There will be no in-person inspection of your space with HFS staff prior to your departure. Our staff will inspect the room after you have moved out.
- Update your local address in MyUW within 24 hours of your vacate. After you vacate, mail and packages will be forwarded for 180 days to that address.
If you have questions or concerns during your checkout, please contact your building's Resident Director.
Other important information
- Carts and vacuums will not be provided by HFS. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough cleaning supplies or staffing to adequately disinfect between each use.
- Please clean your room. Since we are not supplying vacuums, there will be no cleaning charges applied for not vacuuming, but other cleaning charges and damage charges will still apply.
- After your keys are returned, an HFS staff member will inspect the room and complete your room condition report. HFS will send deposit settlements as we move through this process.
- Please adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines.