Skip to main content

Living on campus

Welcome to your Husky Home!

Thank you for choosing to live with us, we are so glad that you are here. This handbook is designed to provide some guidance as you get acquainted with your new home.

Your Resident or Community Adviser

Your Resident Adviser (RA) or Community Adviser (CA) is your main point of contact. They will make an intentional effort to connect with you regularly over the year. You can talk with them about a variety of topics, and they will connect you with other staff and University of Washington (UW) resources if needed. 

RA on call 

An RA or Community Adviser CA is on call every night from 5 p.m.–8 a.m. They can be reached by calling 206-543-1000. 

Community Manager 

RAs report to a full-time staff member who serves as a Community Manager, Area Director (AD), Resident Director (RD) or Associate Hall Director (AHD). The Community Manager’s Office is located in your building’s Residential Life Office (RLO). Please feel free to contact them with any questions or concerns.