Updated: May 13, 2020
Given the University's classroom closure, it is likely residents will be spending more time in their residence halls and apartments. To help residents stay informed of the day-to-day status of HFS' regular dining and residential life services, HFS created this webpage. Please check this page to stay current on openings/closings of dining venues, amenity spaces, package services and building desk services. If you have questions, please contact your community manager.
Dining locations are closed or operating under take-out only service and reduced hours. Dining self-service or open-service options, such as salad or soup bars, are transitioned to prepackaged sealed grab-and-go.
- Local Point and Center Table are open:
- Mon–Fri: 7–10am (CT) 7:30–10am (LP), 11am–2pm, and 5–8pm.
- Sat–Sun: 8am–2pm, 5pm–8pm.
- Pagliacci @ Local Point is open
- Mon-Fri: 11am–8pm.
- Sat-Sun: Noon–8pm.
- The Nook (Now located at Center Table) is open daily, 7:30am–7:00pm.
- Pagliacci @ Willow is open
- Mon-Fri: 11am–9pm.
- Sat-Sun: Noon–8pm.
- Cultivate is closed.
- District Market and Husky Grind @ District Market are open:
- Mon–Fri: 7am–7pm.
- Sat–Sun: 9am–7pm.
Cafés and markets
- Tower Café is open Mon–Fri, 7am–3pm.
- Starbucks Mobile Truck is open Mon–Fri, 7am–2pm.
- Rotunda is open (espresso only), 7:30am–3:00pm.
The following cafes and dining locations will be CLOSED for Spring Quarter:
- All Husky Den (HUB) dining and retail, including:
- The Nook at McMahon Hall (moved to Center Table location)
- Caribbean Island Bowls
- Dub Street Burgers @ Husky Den
- Glacie Creamery
- Motosurf @ Husky Den
- Red Radish
- DM Crafted
- Pagliacci @ Husky Den
- Etc. @ Husky Den
- Starbucks @ Husky Den
- All By George dining and retail, including:
- Café and Freshens
- Late Night
- Café 815 Mercer (Café and Espresso)
- Dawg Bites
- Etc. @ UW Medical Center
- Evolutionary Grounds
- Hot Dawgs
- Husky Grind @ Mercer
- Mary Gates Espresso
- Microsoft Café
- Overpass Espresso
- Public Grounds
- Sunrise Griddle
- Supreme Cup
- Starbucks @ Suzzallo
Husky Card services
Amenities and activities
Please contact your RA on Call if you have a non-emergency need.
- You can pick up packages at delivery locations, however, delivery may be delayed. Email us if you are expecting an urgent delivery, such as medication.
- The Student Services Office is operation remotely during regular hours. Service is available only through email at this time.
- Area 01, The MILL, and McMahon 8 are closed.
- Fitness Center West is closed.
HFS has developed an enhanced cleaning plan and has doubled daily disinfectant frequency, including more frequent cleaning of doorknobs and handles, and dining room tables and spaces. We are utilizing registered disinfectants recommended by the CDC as most effective against this virus. Our dining operations always are required to meet stringent federal, state, and local food handling and preparation regulations to prevent transmission of illness through food. HFS has also increased signage in our buildings and workspaces encouraging hand washing.
With the adjustments to service and operations hours at HFS, some student employees might be experiencing some financial uncertainty due to losing shifts due to these changes. The University has a resource in place for students in these sorts of situations, the Student Emergency Aid program. Student employees can learn more at the UW Student Emergency Aid website.
Please check back to the HFS Service and Operations Updates webpage for possible updated information. For coronavirus-related information and ongoing UW updates, go to the University's Coronavirus FAQ.