Updated: January 5, 2020
Please check this page to stay current on openings/closings of dining venues, amenity spaces, package services and building desk services. If you have questions, please contact your community manager.
For coronavirus-related information and ongoing UW updates, go to the University's Coronavirus FAQ.
Dining on campus
During a time of challenge, UW Dining remains committed, as always, to meeting your food and beverage needs on campus. Over the past several months, we developed strategies and protocols to bring you a full range of dining and beverage options in a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
Hours of operation may change during the quarter, please check before you head out.
Open dining locations
Carefully crafted and streamlined menus and service
- Quick-service, hot-food options, with some prepackaged food at peak times.
- Our traditional salad bars, build-your-own bars, soup stations, condiments and bakery items will be pre-packaged or staff-served.
- We’ve expanded our District Market To Go options to provide more variety, including re-heatable, pre-packaged entrees.
Logistics to keep you healthy
For Local Point, Center Table and District Market, we have the following physical distancing system and food preparation in place:
- You will enter the restaurant or store via one door and exit through another side of the building.
- We’ll have Social Distancing Ambassadors (SDAs) stationed at entrances and exits to monitor and modulate customer flow.
- In order to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, we are limiting the maximum capacity of the facilities to 300, including staff, at any given time.
- While all menu items at Local Point and Center Table will be served in compostable, to-go containers, limited in-house dining will be available at these locations.
- Local Point and Center Table building capacities permit some line queuing with the proper line spacing at each station, as well as additional overflow queuing space when you enter the buildings.
- As your schedule permits, consider coming for meals on the early or late side of breakfast, lunch or dinner hours, when lines will be shorter. In addition, hot food options are also available all day at the District Market.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience as we implement this new system! If you have any questions or feedback, contact UW Dining at email@example.com.
Husky Card services
The Husky Card Office is currently operating under reduced hours:
Amenities, activities and desk services
Regular regional desk hours have been modified.
All desks will be closed December 25 and January 1
Lander Desk and Willow Desk
January 2 & 3, 8 am–5pm for move-in
January 2 & 3, 12pm–4pm
Please contact your RA on Call if you have a non-emergency need.
The Student Services Office is operating remotely during regular hours. Service is available only through email at this time.
- The MILL is open
- The 8 (makerspace, including the woodshop and machine shop), is open by appointment only
- Area 01 is closed until further notice
- Fitness Center West is closed until further notice
Staff and student jobs
Because of the adjustments to service and operations hours at HFS, we are not accepting employment applications currently. Thank you for your interest in working at HFS.
Student emergency aid program
With the adjustments to service and operations hours at HFS, some student employees might be experiencing financial uncertainty due to losing shifts because of these changes. The University has a resource in place for students in this situation, the Student Emergency Aid program. Student employees can learn more at the UW Student Emergency Aid website.