Skip to main content

Housing & Food Services

UW Housing Agreements

Your Housing Agreement is a document that tells you what the rules and expectations are while you are living with Housing & Food Services. When you sign the Housing Agreement you agree to the conditions. It is legally binding for the duration of the Housing Agreement period.

If you have questions about your housing agreement, consider reading our Top 10 Questions (PDF). If you still have questions, please contact us at

9-month residence halls

The 9-month housing agreement is for students living on campus during the academic year: autumn, winter and spring quarters.

  • Requires a commitment for the full academic year, unless assigned after autumn quarter begins
  • If you live in a residence hall, you are required to have a dining plan
  • Residence hall housing is for undergraduates only

9-Month Housing Agreement for 2023-24 (PDF)

12-month apartments

The 12-month agreement is for students living on campus during the academic year and summer quarter in an apartment.

  • Requires a commitment of just over 11 months, unless assigned after autumn quarter begins
  • Dining plan is optional
  • Apartment housing is for undergraduate and graduate students

12-Month Housing Agreement for 2023-24 (PDF)

Month-to-month family apartments

Family apartments are designed for students with spouses, registered same-sex domestic partners, and/or children.

  • Requires a month-to-month commitment
  • Begins on assigned move-in date
  • Family apartments are available for undergraduate and graduate students

Family Housing Agreement for 2023-24 (PDF)


2023–24 Cosigner Agreement (online form)

Parking at Nordheim Court

2023–24 Nordheim Court Parking Agreement (PDF)