Skip to main content

Posting Policy

At our discretion, we post materials with content related to promoting a campus or UW community program, school, organization, activity or event in designated areas. 

Please read carefully and follow the instructions below.

  • All materials must conform to state and local laws and the policies of the UW and HFS.
  • Posting materials must be submitted to the Residential Life Administration Office for approval. 
  • An organization responsible for improper posting may subsequently lose the privilege of posting information or reserving rooms in University Housing. In addition, any event improperly advertised, which utilizes University Housing space, may be canceled. 
  • Posting materials sponsored by UW-affiliated organizations/offices (outside of HFS) and commercial advertisements may be posted in designated nonresidential areas (ex: building lobbies).
  • Once approved, postings will be displayed for up to two weeks or until 24 hours after the event.

Posting requirements

  • Materials should be no larger than 11” X 17”.
  • Make sure to include:
    Name of sponsoring organization or office and its contact information
    Date, location and price of event if appropriate
  • We will accept 40 posters in total.

Please refer to this list for the specific number of posters allowed for each community:

West Campus (7 total) North Campus (11 total) Apartments (20 total)
Alder Hall (1) Haggett Hall (1) Cedar Apartments (2)
Area 01 (1) Hansee Hall (1) Mercer Court (8)
Elm Hall (1) Madrona Hall (2) Nordheim Court (5)
Lander Hall (1) McCarty Hall (2) Stevens Court (1)
Maple Hall (1) McMahon Hall (2) Graduate Students (2)
Poplar Hall (1) Willow Hall (2) Family Housing (2)
Terry Hall (1) The Mill (1) Oak Hall (2)


  • Postings should be submitted at least one week in advance of desired posting date.
  • Deliver your materials to the Residential Life Administration Office located in the HFS Central Office, Terry Hall or mail to UW Box 355605.