Updated October 15, 2021
Husky Card Account & ID Center
Odegaard Undergraduate Library, ground floor
Entrance is through the south-facing outer doors directly across from Meany Hall on the ground floor level of the building. The Husky Card Office is not located within the library itself.
Husky Card Office staff are available by phone and email Monday-Friday 8:00 am–5:00 pm (closed for lunch noon–1pm).
Open for walk-in service (no appointment needed)
9:00 am–noon and 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
Closed for University Holidays
Notice: Husky Card Office is no longer accepting cash or checks. Deposits to the Husky Card Account can be made with a credit/debit card through the Online Card Office.
Husky Cards for new employees and incoming students
UW Seattle: Incoming first-year undergraduate and transfer students who attended an A&O session through First Year Programs: FYP is no longer mailing Husky Cards. You may still submit your photo online via the secure link they sent out and obtain your Husky Card in person by visiting the Husky Card Account & ID Center when you are next on campus. If you have a U.S. domestic mailing address, have already submitted your photo, and would prefer to have your Husky Card mailed to you then you may submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly from your UW email account and include the following information:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Choice of whether to print your UW official or registered preferred name
- Current mailing address
If you are an international student with a mailing address outside of the U.S. then you will be able to pick up your Husky Card in person from the Husky Card Account & ID Center whenever you are next on campus.
New UW Employees and all other incoming UW Seattle students (Graduate Program, Accelerated Bachelor's Program, Online Degree Programs, etc.): You may obtain your first Husky Card by visiting the Husky Card Office during our in-person service hours. Bring your UW ID number and state or federally-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, with you when you come.
Alternatively, you may request to have it mailed to you (US domestic addresses only, we are not able to mail cards internationally). To do so, send an email to email@example.com directly from your UW email account and include the following information:
- Full name
- UW ID Number
- UW NetID
We will provide you with a secure link to submit your photo documents. You will need to have two .jpg files ready to go, 1) a recent color passport-style photo of yourself (see photo requirements below) and 2) a color scanned copy or picture of your US driver's license, state ID, passport, or military ID. Include the entire document and make sure the information on it is clear and readable.
Note: In accordance with UW's security and privacy policies, your ID document will not be saved in any system and will be permanently deleted once your submission has been approved. If you would like to have your preferred name printed on your Husky Card, please make sure you have first registered it at https://identity.uw.edu. Preferred names can take 1-2 days to update in the Husky Card database, so we recommend waiting until then to submit your request.
ID Photo submission requirements
- Recently taken color photo of yourself. Passport-style photos are ideal.
- Photo must be unedited, no filters are allowed. Use of any editing will result in a rejection of your photo.
- Photo must be taken in front of a plain white, off-white, or very light colored solid background. No objects should appear in the image.
- Photo must be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to collarbone and centered within the frame.
- No hats or head coverings, unless worn daily for a religious purpose.
- No sunglasses. Only prescription eyewear is permitted.
- Neutral or smiling facial expressions only.
- File format must be .JPG and cannot exceed 500 KB.
- Name your file using your UW student or employee ID number.
Replacement Husky Cards
Replacement Husky Cards, including new retiree cards that will replace your employee card, can be obtained by visiting the Husky Card Office during our in-person service hours.
Alternatively, you may request a replacement Husky Card to be sent by mail. To do so, send an email directly from your UW email account to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Full name
- UW ID Number
- Reason for request (i.e. lost, stolen, damaged, name change, new retiree, etc.)
- Indicate choice of whether to print your UW official or registered preferred name
- Current mailing address (domestic only, we are not able to mail cards internationally)
- Payment method for $25 replacement fee – Husky Card Account, tuition charge (students), or payroll deduction (employees). Note: There is no charge for the first Retiree Husky Card.
Please note: Replacement Husky Cards will be printed within 1-2 business days of receiving your request and may take up to 1-2 weeks to arrive. Once your replacement card has been printed it will permanently deactivate your previous card and the process cannot be cancelled or refunded.
UW Bothell students and staff: Please email email@example.com for instructions on how to obtain your Husky Card. Visit UW Bothell's website at https://www.uwb.edu/admissions/apply/admitted/husky-card for additional information.
UW Tacoma students and staff: Please visit UW Tacoma's website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information.
The Husky Card Office is not responsible for items lost in the mail. Cards are sent via USPS and tracking is not available. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery given the uncertainty around mail delivery timing. Cards not received after 30 days from mailing can be replaced and mailed again but will be subject to the standard $25 replacement fee. Replacements can also be obtained in person from our office. Please ensure that your mailing address is accurate and complete, as it will be mailed exactly as requested. If your Husky Card is returned back to our office as undeliverable by the post office we will contact you for a corrected mailing address and make one more attempt to mail at no charge. After that, you will be required to pick it up from our office in person.