Moving to a vacant room
- If you are interested in requesting a room change, please complete this form. Opportunities are very limited based on high occupancy.
- If a space becomes available, we will email you an offer.
- You must respond by the deadline in your room change offer, otherwise the offer will be retracted, and you will have to submit a new room change request to be put back on the waiting list.
- When your room change is authorized, your housing account will be assessed a room change charge.
Mutual room swaps
If, after you move in to your assigned room, you and another resident agree to swap rooms, both you and the person you would like to swap with must email email@example.com the following information:
- Your name, student number, and room assignment;
- The name, student number, and room assignment of the person you would like to swap with; and,
- The date you would like the swap to start (must be arranged at least 48 hours in advance).
Mutual swaps can almost always be accommodated, as long as each student is eligible to live in the new room. If you request to swap into a different apartment type (e.g., from a single room in a four bedroom apartment to a studio) your monthly payments will be adjusted based on the date you move into your new room. Each student will be assessed room change charge for voluntary room swaps.
You will be given 48 hours to complete your room change. A room inspection will be scheduled and your current apartmentmates will be notified in advance of the time.
Unauthorized room changes
A room change made without written authorization constitutes occupation of more than one room. Therefore:
- Your housing account will be assessed an improper room change charge.
- You will be billed for both rooms until you have turned in keys for your vacated room.
- You may be required to move back to your originally assigned room.
Charges associated with room changes can be viewed on the Incidental Charges page.